Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Monday, August 1, 2011

Prayers Needed

   I have a few prayer requests that have been pressing my mind lately. And especially recently.

   This morning, a much loved and admired TeenPacter, Jimmy Brazell went home. He just turned 19 in June. I did not have the privelege of knowing him but I have only ever heard the best about him! I have heard how he lived his life with his true home in mind. He had a brilliant passion for Christ and for the lost. He was sweet and encouraging. He was gifted at leading worship, he truly worshipped his Lord. This world will miss him very sorely. His family is surely grieving his loss.


   Baby John TenPas needs prayer, as well as his parents. He was born 2 weeks ago with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome- only half a heart. He has come through his first operation very well, and the surgeons have reconstructed his heart. Now his parents are waiting for him to be weened off of all the machines he has been on. They have been keenly aware of God's peace and strength, they are giving God glory through all that has happened.


   Michael Moede is in need of much prayer and encouragement, as he is slowly dying from a brain tumor. He is only 13 years old; an only child, and a miracle baby. Pray that he has patience, contentment and courage as the Lord draws him home. Lord grant him peace with his family. Pray that his parents will continue to seek the Lord and rest in Him.


   Finally, a prayer much dearer to my heart. My art teacher and her husband have been mentors of mine through an important stage of my growing up. They taught me to search the Scriptures, and to sharpen my talents from the Lord, as well as doing all for His glory. Now Dick Swisher, who has been suffering from cancer for about a year, is being drawn home to his Lord. He truly desires to see Him face-to-face.
   Dixie and Dick need prayer for peace and strength, Dixie especially as she is watching him decline. My mom just visited and tells me that Dick is like an alzheimers patient, confused and losing his memory. This must be so very hard for Dixie.

   I pray that the Lord's will would be done, and that He would grant faith, and peace and tender mercies to all those who are suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment