Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Friday, November 27, 2009

Heater Time!

Yay! It's Christmas time again and I had my siblings haul up the decorations boxes from the basement. =) It was fair, I did two and they did two. Anyway, for the past few years, everyone leaves the decorating up to me. Not that I don't enjoy it, it's not a heavy task (four boxes, are you kidding??!!) and the coordinating-creative-organized-visual side of me can be put to one of it's favorite pastimes. =)

There's always something very nostalgic about Christmas decorations, snow, the lights, holiday music, fudge, hot cocoa, a good book, a warm fireplace. For me, Christmas feelings start when the heater comes on at night. I enjoy being snuggled in bed with the blankets under my chin, and knowing it's cold outside, but not in the house. Do you have any random memories like that? I'm sure you're laughing but I'm really serious. =) There's something I can't put a finger on, but I've always loved that sound and I enjoy it every year.

I went to Jolly Holiday Lights too last night with some family friends. I haven't been in years, but my family used to go every single year. We would take Grandpa and Grandma too and I remember smelling Grandma's cologne in the car. (Estee Lauder. I own it now since she passed away) We not only went to the park to look at lights, but we would wander around some of the most popular neighborhoods to see their displays. When I was little, I was thrilled to see a real elf while we were driving around! (Okay, it was a kid with a pointy-eared hat on, but I didn't know that then.)

Those are some of the memories tucked in my noggin'. And speaking of noggin', have any of you had eggnog yet?.....

2 comments:

  1. What fun to know your memories and the things that stand out in your mind from years past. You did a fabulous job with the decorations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (the above was posted by your mommy :)

    ReplyDelete