Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cody, I Thought You Had Lost Me

My little Cody (one of the 3 boys I nanny) is growing up! And so fast, I hadn't even realized it. How unutterably sad, and joyful.

This is Cody, back when I first started baby-sitting them. Maybe almost 2 years ago! He was just learning to talk and could only say 'bye' and 'bloppley' (brother, meaning Kaden). He was so short and roly poly, and had the most adorable blonde curls.

This is Cody just a few weeks ago. So bright and whip smart. Getting taller, and more athletic. Not half as shy and clingy as he use to be. Loves to show things off when he meets people. Last week, his family visited my church and it was one of the boys' first experiences in sitting through a sermon. (They home-church with some other families). They all did so well, but at one point, we all heard Cody say "*sigh* Okay, I'll be kliett." [quiet]. ^.^

I'm not trying to be biased, I love all the boys, but Cody is the one I've seen grow the most. Kaden, I don't get to see so much because he's at school. Jackson is still a baby, under a year old. But Cody is the little one I used to rock to sleep when we baby-sat, and who still asks me to read books. He still loves to sit on my lap, and still loves "Cars" the movie. It has tickled me to see how fast he's grown. I pray that he will be a kind and courageous man of God someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment