Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Monday, March 14, 2011

Glorius Singlehood

   As I was praying and writing in my prayer journal today, it crossed my heart to pray for the single women that I know. Surprisingly, there are several that I can think of off the top of my head, and three of them in particular stand out from the others. I continued to pray, and realized these three women stood out so much, because they are so devoted to the Lord.

   I won't name them, but just know that if you are a woman over 20 and single, I admire you very much. It takes strength that only comes from the Lord, to find contentment in your state of life. I don't find myself in pity, but in awe and respect of your dependence on the Father. You radiate a kind of joy and confidence that I don't notice in married women, because you are not distracted by a man. Your sufficiency is in Christ alone, He is your Lover and He holds your admiration. You are someone I desire to model my attitude after.

   You are in my prayers still. I pray that God will show you tender mercies, and be extra near and dear. He is sufficient, and all-wise. He knows what is very best for you, He is able to provide what is best for you, and He also loves you enough to give you the best. =) No man can do that. From one single sister to another, love and blessings. You are in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! This is Hannah from NC, btw... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Hannah. =) I'm so glad to be back.

    ReplyDelete