Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Friday, May 7, 2010

Not Gone Yet

   Hello All! It's been at least a month or two, I suppose, since my last post -- I'm sorry. I guess I decided I had been spending too much time online. Plus, spring fever got to me! It's simply gorgeous outside and the weather has been unbelievably amazing. I weeded and tilled a section of the garden, but I still haven't bought any flowers to put in it. It just might remain a patch of dirt all summer... lol.

   A few quick updates, work and life goes on the same as usual, but my home school tumbling recital is tonight so I'm rather nervous for that already. It might be my last year, as I haven't decided whether I'm going back or not. If it is, I hope it is one worth remembering because the whole year has gone so wonderfully. Our picture day is usually incredibly hectic and stressful - easily the worst day in the tumbling year. But this year went very smoothly! What a blessing from God, we all enjoyed it and got some amazing class pictures.

   I got to go to my first prom! My best friend Kristina invited me, since it was her senior prom. The prom was organized by a homeschooling family that has a junior and senior in high school. There aren't any other home school proms around and to actually go to a prom, you have to be dual-enrolled, or invited by someone that is. It was held at a Holiday Inn in West Des Moines, and there was food, a dance floor and DJ - it was legit! =) We even went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory beforehand, the food was delish! (We split the chicken bellagio, I suggest you try it sometime.) We had a great time, and made lotsa memories. And we mustn't forget the beautiful dresses! =) Dressing up was probably the best part.
   We also have a new toy! We sold the beloved clubhouse and swing set in the back yard and bought a 13' trampoline! It's totally fun and we use it pretty much every day. No injuries yet...

   Those are the highlights of summer drawing near... I'll try to keep you posted. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment