Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dilligence... Or Lack Of

   I've noticed this morning, that my lack of diligence in blogging and pen-palling... my lack of interest at church... and my general attitude, behavior, and conscience are all directly linked to the amount of dedication I put toward my devotions with the Lord. You say "Well, you haven't blogged very much lately." and that's very true. "That means you haven't been studying your Bible very much." Also true. I've gotten very lazy in every aspect of my life because one key activity has been put to the side. There simply must be a change!

   I have decided to become an accountability partner with my closest friend. She and I are going to read the same passages everyday, and call each other every evening to compare what we have learned. I also plan to prioritize my reading just as much as I prioritize my morning coffee. No coffee unless I'm sitting down with my Bible at the same time. I need energy in my life, just as much as caffeine for my morning.

   And you, my readers, deserve an apology. I will do my best to keep diligent. If things slow down again, you have every right to leave me a note and tell me to pull my Bible back off the shelf! I'm counting on you. And I'm trusting in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment