Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bon Jour! [Impact]

Heya, I just found all of my Bon Jour cards! Woo hoo! =)

And you're thinking "What has she been up to? She is making no sense..."

I'm sorry. Bon Jour cards are a TeenPact National Convention tradition. Every morning after breakfast, everyone is given a Bon Jour card with scripture and maybe some quotes, then we have 30 minutes to study and meditate on those verses. Then in small group time, we hash out and talk about what we learned from those verses. It's a good bonding tool all around.

I have been to TeenPact National Convention for four years now, so that means I have four sets of Bon Jour cards. (I am overly sentimental, I keep everything...) And I found all of them! Dug them out of notebooks and scrapbooks, and thought "Hey, I shouldn't keep these to myself." I'll blog them and see what you think of them.

So here's my challenge:
   Spend at least half and hour reading these verses, meditating on them, maybe even journalling a little bit. Also remember to praise the Lord, and to talk with Him.

It's only half an hour. You will be surprised how quickly it goes. I have 17 Bon Jour cards so that will be 17 days; about 3 weeks minus Sundays. (Admittedly, I remember one of them being pretty scatter-brained and not really connected... I'll try to find that one and warn you ahead of time.) And I'm also studying them as well, so don't assume I'm just being a slave driver -- watching and laughing.

If you're looking for a jump-start to quality devo time, maybe this is it. Find your method and 'stick to it religiously'.

First Bon Jour card, coming right up!

-----------------------------------------------------------

2008  ::  The Making of a Generation
[Impact]

Philippians 1:27

Ephesians 5:15-17

Luke 9:1-2

"Brighten my soul with the pure light of truth;
Make it fragrant as the garden of paradise,
rich with every goodly fruit,
beautiful with heavenly grace..."
-The Valley of Vision-

No comments:

Post a Comment