Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Goodwill OWNS

   I am so ridiculously happy right now! Just ask my mom and siblings. I just got home half an hour ago with lots of lovely things from Goodwill, just down the street.

   I have been severely lacking in my fall/winter wardrobe - I have only one long-sleeved shirt that I actually like and would wear in public. It was about time to do some shopping. With a little inspiration from Pinterest (<3) I was able to buy a wonderful variety of things.


   This picture inspired me to find a skinny belt and some cardigans, which I really am short on. Yeah, I have three cardi-vests, but no cardigans. And boy, is a cardigan useful! Always makes an outfit warm, and it can be dressed up, or down.
   I left the store with a tan cardigan, a navy V-neck sweater, and a big-for-me white and blue-striped blouse. (Because I like to have the shoulder freedom. And if it's hidden under a sweater or cardigan, who is going to notice that it doesn't fit?)


   I fell into an obsession with this idea --  wearing a belt over a tweed blazer. I didn't find precisely a tweed blazer, but still one I am very pleased with. I cannot wait to try wearing it somewhere.
   I also found a grey long-sleeved shirt that fits me perfectly. Happiness! I am so picky when in come to long-sleeved shirts. I hate turtlenecks. =P


   I actually have myself two pairs of oxford heels - a brown pair from Maurices, and a black pair that I picked up this weekend from a thrift store in Pella, Iowa. I would like to try wearing them this way.

   And the grand total is...

  $21.00! For six items! I am sooooo thrilled. ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, girl, you are so good! I am also in love with Goodwill, though one of my friends has a tendency to turn her nose up at it. You should see the look on her face when she says, "I love that shirt! Where did you get it?" and I just lift my eyebrow. She knows exactly what that means and just huffs ^_^

    ReplyDelete