Pages

"Daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ." - George Washington

Friday, July 16, 2010

Here I Be

   I'm back! Sorry for the long gap, I was on vacation in Clear Lake and Spirit Lake these past two weeks. It's been wonderful to take a break and refocus. And recharge. =) I love lakes, and Spirit Lake, Iowa is my favorite place to be. My mom grew up there so it has a family sentimentalism about it. Plus my grandparents still live there, so I have many opportunities to visit. I think a piece of me gets left behind every time. I could die happy and content in a home on the lake. =)
 
   Last week, actually on the 4th of July, we had a down day. Rather stormy and wet, not at all conducive to watching fireworks. So I stayed inside all day and read a book that's been on my checklist for a long time. God finally showed me the right time to learn from it. It's called When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy. Yeah, I confess that this topic has been on my mind a lot lately and this was the perfect book. In fact, I think I like it better than I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. It was a combination of no more dating, and turning your relationships into a masterpiece completely designed and directed by God. Eric and Leslie took turns writing chapters, recalling their own struggles and giving the guys and girls points of view. They even give practical tips on single-hood, courtship, and after-marriage issues, including scripture after each chapter - to meditate on God's plans and purposes for love. I finished the book inspired and edified, and I plan to apply much of it. In fact I already have, I don't have to wait to be in a relationship to prepare myself for my future soulmate. =) Please read it, no matter where you are in your love life. Or suggest it to someone you think needs some direction. And enjoy the adventure God is laying out for you and your future spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment